Secure, calibrated, full latitude grading in 2K on the new iPad.
Seamlessly integrated with Colorfront On-Set Dailies, On-Set Color is an iPad grading app that supports communication of cinematographic intent between DoP and the dailies colorist.
Having access to the full latitude 2K 10bit logarithmic DPX images on the new iPad, with the calibration applied on the device allows for a proper grading pipeline to be implemented on the iPad.
See the workflow video.
OSCQuickStartGuide.pdf [845 KB]
Images are watermarked and encrypted and can be synced through secure FTP. Color grading is compatible with On-Set Dailies and can be sent back along with any text notes to the dailies facility and applied for the transfer.
On-Set Color works both on iPad 2 and the original iPad and is available for all On-Set Dailies users immediately.
Advantages of Colorfront On-Set Color
- Full integration with On-Set Dailies
- Works with 2K uncompressed 10 bit log DPX files
- Full latitude high dynamic source material
- 3DLUT calibration applied on the iPad
- Automatic sync stills and color grading metadata from OSD
- Secure FTP transfer, 128-bit AES encrypted images and watermarking for security
- View original, colorist or new grade
- Send back CDL or primary grade settings to OSD
- Multi-Touch UI, gestural interface
- Aspect ratio overlay and blanking
- Brightness, contrast, color balance, saturation control
- Color grade shadow, midtones and highlights separately
- Review and share notes and comments
For additional security details on the iPad in general, please review:
iPad in Business Security Overview
On-Set Color™ and On-Set Dailies™ are trademarks of Colorfront.
Colorfront showcases Transkoder 2014 at IBC
Colorfront will be showing the latest 2014 version of Transkoder at IBC at the AJA booth #7.F11, running on HP Z820 workstation, the latest NVidia GPUs, with AJA Corvid Ultra and a SONY PVM-X300 4K broadcast monitor.
The UltraHD short movie Fly was shot on Canon C500 in CanonRAW 3840x2160 UltraHD @ 60FPS, plus additional footage on Canon 1DC in 4K@60p, Fly dailies were processed on Colorfront On-Set Dailies, with h264 and ProRes deliverables, then and conformed, edited, color graded, finished in Colorfront Transkoder, showcasing the cost effective, straightforward process of finishing, mastering and delivering according to the latest standards, while protecting valuable media assets for the future.
See the short movie Fly on Vimeo.
Come to see Fly and Colorfront Transkoder 2014 at IBC on the AJA booth #7.F11.
Transkoder 2014 at IBC
- advanced monitoring in UltraHD 3840x2160 at all frame rates including 60p: waveform, vectorscope, historgram, audio waveform etc.
- support for all color spaces, including Rec 2020, support for the latest ACES color pipeline, realtime multiple video outputs in different color spaces, with internal processing in full 32-bit per channel floating point
- color and image science supporting all relevant camera formats, including: Alexa ARRIRAW, ProRes, Sony F65RAW including 6K, F55/F5 RAW and 4K XAVC and SStP, Canon C500/C300/C100 CanonRAW and MXF, RED RAW including Epic and Dragon, latest GoPro, Phantom, BlackMagic, Indiecam cameras, etc.
- support for uncompressed DPX, TIFF, OpenEXR, Jpeg2000, IMF, DCP, DNxHD MXF, Quicktime ProRes, H264/H265 rendering formats etc.
- industry leading metadata support, for reading camera metadata, viewing and using metadata in the software, and outputing in various metadata files or embedding file headers such as QuickTime, DPX, and OpenEXR
- resolution and frame rate independent, HD, UltraHD, 4K/6K/8K projects supported, fully accelerated on the latest GPUs, including NVidia Quadro K6000, K5000, K4000, Tesla K20, and GeForce Titan cards
- realtime viewing of output in QuadHD or HD, support for the latest video cards from AJA, including Kona3G UltraHD 4K support and industry leading support for Corvid Ultra for high frame rate UltraHD and 4K outputs.
- support for stereo and HFR stereo modes
- conforming timeline from CMX3600 EDL, FCP XML for both FCP7 and FCPX.
Confidence check compare online-offline, including 4K, HFR, and UltraHD projects
- DCI subtitle support, including stereo 3D and animated subtitles