Secure, calibrated, full latitude grading in 2K on the new iPad.
Seamlessly integrated with Colorfront On-Set Dailies, On-Set Color is an iPad grading app that supports communication of cinematographic intent between DoP and the dailies colorist.
Having access to the full latitude 2K 10bit logarithmic DPX images on the new iPad, with the calibration applied on the device allows for a proper grading pipeline to be implemented on the iPad.
See the workflow video.
OSCQuickStartGuide.pdf [845 KB]
Images are watermarked and encrypted and can be synced through secure FTP. Color grading is compatible with On-Set Dailies and can be sent back along with any text notes to the dailies facility and applied for the transfer.
On-Set Color works both on iPad 2 and the original iPad and is available for all On-Set Dailies users immediately.
Advantages of Colorfront On-Set Color
- Full integration with On-Set Dailies
- Works with 2K uncompressed 10 bit log DPX files
- Full latitude high dynamic source material
- 3DLUT calibration applied on the iPad
- Automatic sync stills and color grading metadata from OSD
- Secure FTP transfer, 128-bit AES encrypted images and watermarking for security
- View original, colorist or new grade
- Send back CDL or primary grade settings to OSD
- Multi-Touch UI, gestural interface
- Aspect ratio overlay and blanking
- Brightness, contrast, color balance, saturation control
- Color grade shadow, midtones and highlights separately
- Review and share notes and comments
For additional security details on the iPad in general, please review:
iPad in Business Security Overview
On-Set Color™ and On-Set Dailies™ are trademarks of Colorfront.
CREATIVE SCIENCE AND COLORFRONT ANNOUNCE STRATEGIC BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP
Deal Establishes Creative Science as an Authorized Rental, Integration and Training Partner for Colorfront On-Set Dailies in North America
Los Angeles, California – April 8, 2011 – Los Angeles-based entertainment technology company Creative Science and Academy Award® winning Budapest-based film services company Colorfront have announced a strategic business relationship. The deal establishes Creative Science as an authorized rental, integration and training provider in North America for Colorfront’s On-Set Dailies, a powerful and dedicated dailies system designed to deliver color graded, sound-sync dailies from multiple hours of footage for multiple deliverables, rendered in parallel at extremely high speeds.
Creative Science provides technology development, process design and implementation consulting to the motion picture and television production industries. Prior to NAB, Creative Science purchased a number of On-Set Dailies software licenses which have been integrated into hardware systems available for rent to production companies, operators, studios, and post-production service providers. On-Set Dailies is compatible with the latest digital cinema cameras such as ARRI ALEXA, RED EPIC, and PHANTOM and features sophisticated stereo 3D image processing, increasing the speed of any dailies workflow.
As part of its value added offering, Creative Science will develop custom software tools and applications complementing Colorfront’s On-Set Dailies platform. Creative Science will host training for digital imaging technicians and other potential users and operators from its offices in Los Angeles.
Creative Science's decision to support On-Set Dailies was based upon several key factors, including:
- Support of all popular digital camera acquisition formats, freeing operators from learning a new system or workflow for each new acquisition format
- A powerful software architecture, which utilizes multiple GPU & CPU resources to produce file-based dailies and deliverables faster than any other system
- 32 bit per channel floating point image processing, including ARRIRAW debayering
- Sophisticated stereo 3D image processing and functionality
- Seamless integration with Colorfront’s recently announced On-Set Color iPad grading app, supporting communication of cinematographic intent between cinematographers and dailies colorists
- Advanced audio syncing and visible metadata burn-in capability
- Ability to integrate multiple On-Set Dailies systems for task division among teams of operators on large 2D or 3D shoots generating massive amounts of source material
“At a time when ‘workflow fatigue’ has directed focus away from the creative process with custom and often times unproven IT pipelines, Creative Science recognized that Colorfront had developed the most innovative and powerful application of its kind,” said Marco Bario, Partner at Creative Science and long time veteran of the production and post production industries. “Having collaborated with the key players at Colorfront during their success with Lustre, we know what they are capable of and we are proud to partner with them in extending the reach of On-Set Dailies to filmmakers in North America.”
“We are extremely delighted to have industry veterans Marco Bario, Mike Doggett and Merle Sharp of Creative Science line up behind On-Set Dailies,” said Aron Jaszberenyi, Founder and Managing Director of Colorfront. “The system has had an amazing success since its launch at IBC 2010, and this partnership will take it to another level. On-Set Dailies has a powerful image processing engine, but is also fully open and customizable, with a database backend for metadata and python scripting, allowing for easy extendability and integration with third-party systems. Creative Science got this in a blink, and we can't wait to see how far they will take it."
Colorfront will be exhibiting On-Set Dailies and On-Set Color at the Codex Digital booth C8615 at NAB, April 9-14, in Las Vegas.
About Creative Science
Creative Science provides technology development, process design and implementation consulting to studios, producers and service providers in the motion picture and television production industries. Creative Science was founded in response to the widespread impact triggered by technological advances in how creative content is produced and distributed. Partners Mike Doggett, Merle Sharp and Marco Bario's combined experience includes business oversight, software development, engineering, sales, finance, and production management at technologically advanced and successful digital facilities in Los Angeles, New York and international locations.
For more information, please visit: www.creativescience.com
Colorfront offers today’s most advanced technologies for digital dailies, DI grading, high-resolution scanning and recording for visual effects, digital assembly of entire feature films, online and offline editing, digital opticals for features and trailers, restoration, cinema sound mixing, digital cinema mastering and deliverables. In 2010 Colorfront’s software team was recognized with a Scientific and Engineering Academy Award® for the development of Autodesk’s Lustre grading system. Colorfront is dedicated to delivering first-class services to motion picture and broadcast productions worldwide.
For more information, please visit: www.colorfront.com
Creative Science Media Contact:
Partner, Creative Science
Colorfront Media Contact:
Managing Director, Colorfront
+36 1 880 3900