Secure, calibrated, full latitude grading in 2K on the new iPad.
Seamlessly integrated with Colorfront On-Set Dailies, On-Set Color is an iPad grading app that supports communication of cinematographic intent between DoP and the dailies colorist.
Having access to the full latitude 2K 10bit logarithmic DPX images on the new iPad, with the calibration applied on the device allows for a proper grading pipeline to be implemented on the iPad.
See the workflow video.
OSCQuickStartGuide.pdf [845 KB]
Images are watermarked and encrypted and can be synced through secure FTP. Color grading is compatible with On-Set Dailies and can be sent back along with any text notes to the dailies facility and applied for the transfer.
On-Set Color works both on iPad 2 and the original iPad and is available for all On-Set Dailies users immediately.
Advantages of Colorfront On-Set Color
- Full integration with On-Set Dailies
- Works with 2K uncompressed 10 bit log DPX files
- Full latitude high dynamic source material
- 3DLUT calibration applied on the iPad
- Automatic sync stills and color grading metadata from OSD
- Secure FTP transfer, 128-bit AES encrypted images and watermarking for security
- View original, colorist or new grade
- Send back CDL or primary grade settings to OSD
- Multi-Touch UI, gestural interface
- Aspect ratio overlay and blanking
- Brightness, contrast, color balance, saturation control
- Color grade shadow, midtones and highlights separately
- Review and share notes and comments
For additional security details on the iPad in general, please review:
iPad in Business Security Overview
On-Set Color™ and On-Set Dailies™ are trademarks of Colorfront.
Cine Gear Expo LA (Booth S316 with ALT Systems)
Cine Gear Expo, in its 16th year, is the premier Film, Video, and Digital Media Expo for the entertainment industry.
Exhibition and Premiere Seminars
The Studios at Paramount, Hollywood, CA
Friday, June 3, 2011 - Hours: 4:00pm -10:00pm
Saturday, June 4, 2011 - Hours: 10:00am – 5:00pm
At Cine Gear Expo LA Colorfront will be demonstrating a mobile cart setup by Creative Science, with On-Set Dailies on the Mac Pro platform and will show the playback of ARRIRAW files from Codex's Virtual File System from the Codex Desktop Transfer Station in extremely high quality and in real time.
We will also have some Alexa ProRes footage and RED Epic material to show On-Set Dailies in action, and will have follow-up demos the week after Cine Gear in LA. Please email us if you would like to make a booking.
ALT Systems, Inc. is an Authorized Reseller of Colorfront On-Set Dailies, based in Burbank, California.
Creative Science is an Authorized Rental, Integration and Training Partner for Colorfront On-Set Dailies based in Sherman Oaks, California.
What's new in On-Set Dailies?
- RED Epic realtime 5K R3D playback
- RED Epic HDR-X support
- RED Epic stereoscopic 3D support
- Optimized debayer for extremely high quality real-time debayering
- ARRIRAW playback - 2,880 horizontal resolution pixel-to-pixel
- ARRIRAW playback - stereo 3D playback in 2K
- ARRIRAW playback - 48fps playback in real-time
- ARRIRAW playback - 3K+ mode for highest-end VFX shows
- Support for Codex VFS on the Mac, realtime ARRIRAW playback directly from Codex data pack
- IIF-ACES workflow - 16-bit floating-point wide-gamut light-linear color workflow
(with 32-bits per channel internal processing)
- Open EXR support for both playback and rendering
- Optimized QuickTime handling for Alexa ProRes shows
- Timecode support for Canon 5D / 7D / 1D cameras
- Improved Phantom material handling
- Improved CDL, CCC workflows
- Improved QC Report generation
- Air Video integration for iPad streaming
See the full specification at www.onsetdailies.com
Who Uses On-Set Dailies?
On-Set Dailies, Colorfront’s sophisticated and innovative digital dailies system for filmmakers was first announced in the US at NAB 2011.
Since NAB, Colorfront On-Set Dailies has already been adopted by major studios, labs, and post facilities in the U.S. and Europe,
on both major motion pictures and HD episodic television shows shooting ARRI Alexa ProRes, ARRIRAW, RED Epic, Phantom, DSLR or 35mm film, both 2D and stereo.
Major clients include: Technicolor | Deluxe | EFILM | Modern Videofilm | Crawford | Company 3 | PostWorks NY | Laser Pacific | Sixteen 19 | ARRI Film & TV | CinePostproduction
Big Sur (RED Epic/HDR-X)
| Gravity (Codex/ARRIRAW)
| Gambit (Alexa/ARRIRAW)
| The Avengers (Codex/ARRIRAW)
| Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (Codex/ARRIRAW)
| Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters (Stereo 3D/Codex/ARRIRAW)
| Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (Codex/ARRIRAW)
| Vicky and the Treasure of the Gods (Stereo 3D/Uncompressed DPX/Codex/Alexa)
| Styria (Codex/ARRIRAW)
| The Three Musketeers (Stereo 3D/HDCam SR/Alexa)
| The Borgias (HDCam SR/F35)
| Titanic (Sky/HBO) (ProRes logC/Alexa)
| Strike Back 2 (35mm 3-perf)
| The Pillars of the Earth (HDCam SR)
| Monte Carlo (35mm)
| The Debt (35mm)