Secure, calibrated, full latitude grading in 2K on the new iPad.
Seamlessly integrated with Colorfront On-Set Dailies, On-Set Color is an iPad grading app that supports communication of cinematographic intent between DoP and the dailies colorist.
Having access to the full latitude 2K 10bit logarithmic DPX images on the new iPad, with the calibration applied on the device allows for a proper grading pipeline to be implemented on the iPad.
See the workflow video.
OSCQuickStartGuide.pdf [845 KB]
Images are watermarked and encrypted and can be synced through secure FTP. Color grading is compatible with On-Set Dailies and can be sent back along with any text notes to the dailies facility and applied for the transfer.
On-Set Color works both on iPad 2 and the original iPad and is available for all On-Set Dailies users immediately.
Advantages of Colorfront On-Set Color
- Full integration with On-Set Dailies
- Works with 2K uncompressed 10 bit log DPX files
- Full latitude high dynamic source material
- 3DLUT calibration applied on the iPad
- Automatic sync stills and color grading metadata from OSD
- Secure FTP transfer, 128-bit AES encrypted images and watermarking for security
- View original, colorist or new grade
- Send back CDL or primary grade settings to OSD
- Multi-Touch UI, gestural interface
- Aspect ratio overlay and blanking
- Brightness, contrast, color balance, saturation control
- Color grade shadow, midtones and highlights separately
- Review and share notes and comments
For additional security details on the iPad in general, please review:
iPad in Business Security Overview
On-Set Color™ and On-Set Dailies™ are trademarks of Colorfront.
Colorfront is one of Europe's leading digital intermediate and
post production facilities, based in Budapest, Hungary. The company was
founded by brothers Mark and Aron Jaszberenyi, who together played a
pivotal role in the emergence DI, as the original authors of Lustre,
Autodesk's best-selling DI grading system.
Combining this in-depth expertise with the in-house development of additional proprietary technologies for dailies processing, conform and finishing, Colorfront offers today's most advanced technologies for digital dailies, DI grading, visual effects, digital assembly of entire feature films, online and offline editing, digital opticals for features and trailers, digital cinema mastering and deliverables.
Apart from its technical resources, Colorfront's greatest strength is
its people: with decades of combined experience in groundbraking digital
film technology development and working with some of the world's
greatest filmmakers, our team is uniquely experienced in dealing with
the most high end productions in both feature films and prime-time